October is Here! Are you Prepared? Here is a checklist to help keep your family, household, and insurance needs in order! From cleaning and organizing to “don’t forgets” and holiday info!
- In honor of National Fire Prevention Month, work with your family to create an escape route for each room in your home, and then hold surprise fire drills to practice staying low and checking for hot doors safely.
- Before the weather cools down and your home’s heating devices switch into gear, clean your fireplace, inspect the flue, and test/replace all the smoke and carbon monoxide detectors in your home.
- Prep for trick-or-treaters by cleaning up any loose yard debris, trimming low-hanging limbs, and removing any potential tripping or fire hazards before costumed kids swarm your stoop.
- As the colors of the leaves begin to change this month, take note of the recent changes in your own life and consider scheduling a Review with your Georgia Farm Bureau Insurance Agent to make sure your policy is up to date.
- Eat a funnel cake at the Georgia National Fair (Oct 2-11)
- Oct. 12 is Columbus Day. Be an explorer in your hometown by trying a new restaurant or walking the streets of a neighborhood you’ve yet to discover.
- Winter is coming; while there are warm days of the year to winterize your external plumbing systems before the risk of freezing temperatures sets in. Download and Print the October Checklist