While most people focus on trick-or-treating safety, It is easy to forget to protect yourself (and your home’s liability) while passing out candy. Here are 5 steps to help keep you and your home’s liability safe this Halloween.
1. Light the walkway to your front door with LED path lights, jack-o’-lanterns, string of lights, or other bright decorations.
2. Avoid candles, and stick to plug-in or battery-operated lighting options.
3. Lock up pets, to avoid innocent, but potentially serious, accidents.
4. Remove clutter from the walkway path to keep trick-or-treaters from tripping on your front porch.
5. Secure decorations in place with clear tape, in case the wind picks up.