Winter is around the corner! Now is the perfect time to sweep chimneys, inspection and make sure your coolant mixture and batteries in your vehicle are right, but don’t forget the boat! Thanks for Winsel Boats in Valdosta we have your winter storage procedure here!
Winter Storage on Outboard motors:
- Check oil reservoir and fill
- Fill Fuel tank and ad stabilizer
- crank engine and let run for 10 minutes
- Check lower unit lube, make sure it has no water in it and refill with gear lube.
- Leave engine in vertical position
- Disconnect battery leads
Winter Storage for Stern-drive motors:
- Check engine oil
- Fill fuel tank and ad stabilizer
- Crank engine and let run for 10 minutes
- Drain engine block and manifolds of water
- Check outdrive for water in it and refill outdrive with gear lube
- Leave outdrive in vertical position